*girl plays acoustic guitar and sings*
guy: wow…you’re..you’re amazing you can really sing
girl: :) thanks. i haven’t sang since my mom died
Hi nonnie! Sorry for the late reply but I was away and I’m not too fond of typing long answers on my phone, you know.
You’re right - he was only in 7 episodes. And then he was in two flashbacks - with Charming and “Welcome to Storybrooke”. Not a whole lot of time to win someone over, but he surely did in my case. Because quality over quantity.
So here’s the list of the things that made me stan for Graham:
- His lame jokes are adorable. In a show full of people who are sassy and borderline rude, a lame joker is a gem.
- As Huntsman, he took pity on Snow and spared her life putting himself and his family (the wolves) in danger. He hated people but he saw the kindness and innocence in Snow and decided it was worth breaking the deal with Regina (which - I remind you - he used to protect creatures who raised him, it wasn’t even anything for him in this “transaction”).
- Even as Regina’s heartless prisoner, he helped Charming get out of Regina’s castle. It probably led to more torture and Regina’s wrath. But he finished what he started - he saved Snow’s life once again, allowing her and Charming to find their happy ending and allowing Emma to be conceived.
- Graham was genuinely worried about Henry and, dare I say, he really liked the kid. He pointed out to Regina that her feud with Emma would only harm Henry. And when he was in doubt of himself, he reached out to Henry.
- I liked how Graham, when in need, was open-minded enough to follow his instincts, follow the wolf, turn for help to Henry, ask about past lives. In real life I just enjoy being around people who look for answers a little deeper, in places some would perceive as ridiculous or impossible.
- I loved how Graham decided to stand up for himself, how he decided not to settle. I love this quote
"I’ve realized that I don’t feel anything, Regina, and I know now it’s not me - it’s you. I’m leaving you for me. […] I’d rather have nothing than settle for less. Nothing is better than what we have. I need to feel something, Regina, and the only way to do that is to give myself a chance."
I think this is very empowering. It’s extremely saddening that his courage and strength to fight for himself and get out of this toxic relationship resulted in his murder.
- I love his chemistry with Emma. It is not the same chemistry she has with Killian, but has a different kind of sweetness and shyness to it. By offering Emma the job of his deputy, he took a chance on her because no one really knew her, yet he trusted her. He helped her set the roots in Storybrooke and gave her a job she eventually grew to like enough to fight for it. Not to mention that he gave Emma that flame of hope and made her smile the most beautiful and hopeful smile ever.
- It is my impression that even Mr.Gold was fond of him in a way and that’s saying something.
- Huntsman was a badass, excellent assassin, but he cried over dead wild animals. Need I say more?
- I think I grew to love him even more when I found myself defending him and reminding people that he existed, he was helpful and his fate was never acknowledged and Regina didn’t answer for her crimes.
- His last words were the words of gratitude “Thank you.” I find it to be beautiful.
- He felt something for Emma, and he felt it without his heart. Following Snow’s logic from season 3, he must have felt it with his soul. Whatever it was, it was pure and strong enough to break through the curse and it gave him his true identity back. And he was also a lost boy, abandoned by his parents, untrustful towards people. The minute he gave himself a chance to change, feel and trust, his life was taken away from him. His only happy ending was to regain his memories.
- Pastry provider. Enough said. And he did help out in the animal shelter, despite that one time he didn’t.
- He is pleasing to my eyes and I’m a fan of Jamie’s since Marie Antoinette.
- He must have been a really great guy if Emma decided to wear his shoelace on her wrist and keep his jacket at the station.
- He deserves justice and I’m gonna fight for it. I won’t let his sacrifice be in vain!
This is the proper reaction.
Asexuality is an orientation in which a person does not experience sexual attraction to any sex and/or gender. They do not feel an intrinsic desire to make sex a part of their relationships with other people. However they may still be able to experience other types of attraction, and desire relationships with other people.
Check out the following websites to learn more about asexuality, join in on the community, and/or help increase asexual visibility and education.
International Asexuality Conference
(Worldpride Toronto 2014 Affiliate Event) (June 28, 2014)
Asexual Things (asexual vis/ed tumblr blog)
Asexual Latin@s for the win! :D
okay, story time: i’m a resident actor a children’s theatre company, and we just did peter pan. i was cast as peter because i’m the only one who looks young enough to play the part; but aside from looking young, i look nothing like peter pan. he’s this little white boy with reddish brown hair and i’m an arab/hispanic queer with black hair and freckles.
our company has a really devoted following, and these kids are reeeally young. after every show, we do autographs as the characters and have to keep up the act, because to a lot of these really young kids, we are who we pretend to be on stage. that terrified me. i’ve done autograph sessions in-character before, but never as such a well-loved character. who, again, is white. i was worried about what children might say.
over the course of the production, we must have performed for close to 500 kids, between the shows we did for families and the shows we did for school field trips.
and i distinctly remember one little white girl who came up to me with a DVD copy of disney’s peter pan, and she had this adorable tinkerbell dress on, and she just stared at me wide-eyed and after a while she said “i have all your movies!!”
first of all, if you don’t think that’s the cutest thing ever, please leave.
and when i asked her what she wanted me to sign, she handed me her DVD and said “by your face.” and she points right at this little white redheaded peter pan with pointy ears who is clearly not me, as if she can’t tell the difference… or she can, and she doesn’t care. similar things happened with different children, but it never lost its charm for me. on the contrary, it really warmed my heart.
by that same token there were many children of color who were affected by seeing a brown peter pan. a lot of them (usually older children) and/or their parents ask me how i got into acting, and if i had any advice for how to get into it. it meant a lot to me that there’s this whole generation of children of color who are going to pursue the arts, because even though i live in a very diverse area, our theatre landscape is still very whitewashed.
anyway, what i’m trying to say isn’t just that representation matters, which it does. what i’m also trying to say is that one less white face in the crowd isn’t going to hurt anyone. i feel like i’ve heard time and again that white people can only identify with white characters, and the whole point of my story is that that’s obviously not true. that kind of behavior, where people only empathize with characters who look like them, has to be taught. and that kind of behavior is racism.
bolding is mine, because that last bit really knocked it out of the park for me
Justin Lynch beating Michael Phelps record at just 16
when you see someone hot walking your direction
but realize they’re ugly when you see them up close
Ladies of the MCU + Misogyny
"Whatever women do, they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult." - Charlotte Whitton
i’d be the worst PR-manager ever
my client would be like “there are rumours going around that i’m a gay satanist” and i’d be like “hahaha awesome”
A Pakistani student Rai Haris Manzoor has made a new world record by passing the O-Level examination of the University of Cambridge at the age of nine years. He completed the courses of seven classes in 17 months.
Previously, the record of the youngest O-Level student was with Sitara Brooj Akbar of Chiniot in Punjab. She passed the exam at the age of 11.
I DONT KNOW IF I SHOULD SAY SLOW DOWN OR STAY WOKE
i wish everyone could see this
No such things as a bad dog. It’s a bad owner.
comment bolded for import
This is Sam Pepper. If you don’t know who he is, Sam is a successful YouTube prankster with over 2 million subscribers. He recently uploaded a video titled “Fake Hand Ass Pink Prank" where he pinched unsuspecting girls’ butts without their permission. None of this was done with the girls’ consent…meaning Sam Pepper sexually harassed and assaulted these women.
This is no longer a “simple, harmless prank” but rather a very serious matter and offence. If you haven’t seen the video yet, you can watch, dislike, and report it HERE. You can also take the pledge to help stop sexual violence at itsonus.org. Please do not let Sam get away with this kind of behavior. He crossed the line and needs to be held responsible for his disgusting actions.
Emma Sulkowicz is on the cover of this month’s New York Magazine and that is the coolest thing wow
watch both their faces go from “courteous TV smile” to “not paid enough for this bullshit”